“And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without. For behold, I have been with you from the beginning.” – Excerpt from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
April 26th – Sold Out! (Waitlist being taken)
June 28th – Space Available
APRIL 26 | JUNE 28, 2019 – 7:00PM-9:30PM
Roundhouse Farm – 1506 Burnside Road West, Victoria BC
Within these Sacred Recovery rituals our primary purpose is to offer a Reclaiming inspired path to recovery from addiction, self-destructive behaviours, trauma, grief, loss, and oppression. Our group recognizes and respects that there are multiple perspectives and approaches to recovery. We are gathered in the spirit of curiosity for the divine, acknowledging that we are our own spiritual authorities. We have come to know from our own experience that through ancient wisdom, honouring the sacred elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit, and practicing Earth-based spirituality, we can deepen our recovery.
We invite you to attend these rituals to investigate and practice the spiritual principles of Reclaiming to discover for yourself if it is valuable to your process of recovery. These rituals are recovery oriented and designed to be a spiritual resource for recovery. They are not a replacement for addiction treatment, psychiatric, or medical care. If you are unsure if this ritual is a fit for you, please contact us.
I feel absolutely blessed and recharged. My heart is filled with an abundance of love, joy, peace, and passion.Recovery Ritual Participant
Within each ritual we will utilize our spiritual technologies of grounding, creating sacred space, group participation, and closing the container, with a small grounding snack to follow. Tea and a bio break will also be provided.
We are sacred. Sacred Recovery recognizes the power and innate ability in each of us to heal ourselves and our communities. We welcome you to reclaim the lost identities of Wise one, One who is connected to the land, and One who seeks to understand and honour the powers of nature, and the connection between all things.
The Reclaiming Tradition. Each of us embodies the divine. Our ultimate spiritual authority is within, and we need no other person to interpret the sacred to us. We foster the questioning attitude, and honor intellectual, spiritual and creative freedom. We are an evolving, dynamic tradition. Our diverse practices and experiences of the divine weave a tapestry of many different threads. Our community rituals are participatory, celebrating the cycles of the seasons and our lives, and raising energy for personal, collective and earth healing. We welcome all genders, all gender histories, all races, all ages and sexual orientations and all those differences of life situation, background, and ability that increase our diversity. Read more about Reclaiming and the Principles of Unity here.
What does this have to do with recovery?
- We are Edgewalkers. Wounded healers. Lover of all things sacred – including ourselves.
- We may have had a (or several) dark nights of the soul. A part of us knows that to be where we are today is equal parts our own resilience, the divine nature within us, and the mystery of what is beyond us.
- We have felt before, or may long for, the deep transformational magic that lies within the threads of community.
- We feel the power that lies within our shadow and we are willing to journey into this darkness together, to find the treasures buried here.
- We value investigation of both science and spirituality.
- We hold the paradox of power and powerlessness. You might even see us smiling about it.
- We seek to harm none – ourselves included.
- We do not supress our emotions and characteristics, or those of another. Every part of us is welcome here.
- We know that this path is not easy, but is is always worth it.
- We are most magical when we are together.
- We know that intention + expression + action + letting go = potent, transformational, magic.
- Because what happens between the worlds, changes all the worlds.
…We are sacred stewards of all that is above, within, and below. The earth, the sky, the sun, the moon, ancestors of craft, land, and lineage, the fae, the mystery, and eachother. Why? Because they have been our allies on more than one occasion.
Visit our Eventbrite page for registration + full details!