We use our voices to prevent and treat addiction through public speaking, community engagement, and recovery advocacy.
We believe that working as a collective community, we can truly make a change.
Our collective of speakers includes individuals in long-term recovery, family members, and community leaders all dedicated to smashing the stigma of addiction.
As recovery advocates we courageously share our personal stories of addiction, trauma and recovery. With a focus on the transformative process, hope, and possibility of recovery, our stories are crafted to engage and inspire our audiences. Our presenters are trained to deliver their stories with language and descriptives suited to the demographic. We include an engagement opportunity at the end of all presentations, giving the audience a chance to ask questions, relate to our words, and share their experience.
A sampling of our topics include:
- Adolescent and teenage substance abuse
- Substance abuse in post-secondary institutions
- Overcoming adversity
- Body confidence issues
- Maladaptive coping mechanisms
- Mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Emotional honesty
- Intimacy and relationship issues
- Physical, emotional, and sexual abuse
- Death, loss and grief
- Interpersonal issues
- Addiction in the family
- Healthy coping strategies
- Setting boundaries
- Neuroscience of addiction and recovery
- Pathways to recovery
- Recovery oriented systems of care
- Recovery capital