Our primary purpose is to offer a reclaiming inspired path to recovery from a myriad of life experiences including: addiction, codependency, self-destructive behaviours, trauma, grief, and oppression. Our group recognizes and respects that there are multiple approaches to recovery. We are gathered in the spirit of curiosity for the divine, acknowledging that we are our own spiritual authorities.
Maximum attendance is 18 participants. Registration is required.
LOCAL: Westshore – Reclaiming Recovery Gatherings
MARCH 12, 26 | APRIL 9, 23 | MAY 7, 21 | JUNE 4, 18
Every Second Thursday @ Hidden Gem, 104-688 Granderson Rd. Langford, BC
These bi-weekly, local, non-profit Reclaiming Recovery Gatherings are designed to help recovering individuals explore the spiritual principles of Reclaiming and share within an invitational and supportive space. A sliding scale donation of $5-$20 is suggested to help keep these circles in operation. These gatherings are recovery oriented and designed to be a spiritual resource for recovery. They are not a replacement for addiction treatment, psychiatric, or medical care.
About our venue: Hidden Gem is the creation of Dawn and Elena who certainly bring a bit of magick to town! Hidden Gem is more than just a shop, it is a metaphysical centre that offers workshops, events, gatherings and heavenly treatments that will help you to relax, unwind and let go.
Arrive at Hidden Gem Metaphysical Shop before 7:00pm if you wish to shop and explore all this magickal space has to offer.
For some, identifying as a witch or a follower of earth-based spirituality remains an unsafe experience. Due to the historical and present harm inflicted upon individuals such as: witches, healers, midwives, women, LGBTQ, people of colour, Indigenous peoples, and spiritual folk alike, we do ask that all those who are interested complete a simple application form. It is our intention to create a welcoming and healing space which does require us to get to know the intentions of all who show interest.
Spaced is limited. Registration is required.
ONLINE – Reclaiming Recovery Gatherings
MARCH 17, 31 | APRIL 14, 28 | MAY 12, 26 | JUNE 9
Every Second Tuesday: Via Zoom Platform
These bi-weekly, online, non-profit Reclaiming Recovery Gatherings are designed to help recovering individuals explore the spiritual principles of Reclaiming and share within an invitational and supportive space. A sliding scale donation of $5-$20 is suggested to help keep these circles in operation. These gatherings are recovery oriented and designed to be a spiritual resource for recovery. They are not a replacement for addiction treatment, psychiatric, or medical care.
Following a path of earth based spirituality to support my recovery feels like an awakening that all life is sacred – including me.
“And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without. For behold, I have been with you from the beginning.” – Excerpt from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
About the Reclaiming Tradition
Each of us embodies the divine. Our ultimate spiritual authority is within, and we need no other person to interpret the sacred to us. We foster the questioning attitude, and honour intellectual, spiritual and creative freedom. We are an evolving, dynamic tradition. Our diverse practices and experiences of the divine weave a tapestry of many different threads. Our community gatherings are participatory, celebrating the cycles of the seasons and our lives, and raising energy for personal, collective and earth healing. We welcome all genders, all gender histories, all races, all ages and sexual orientations and all those differences of life situation, background, and ability that increase our diversity. Read more about Reclaiming and the Principles of Unity here.
What does this have to do with recovery?
- We are Edgewalkers. Wounded healers. Lover of all things sacred – including ourselves.
- We may have had a (or several) dark nights of the soul. A part of us knows that to be where we are today is equal parts our own resilience, the divine nature within us, and the mystery of what is beyond us.
- We have felt before, or may long for, the deep transformational magic that lies within the threads of community.
- We feel the power that lies within our shadow and we are willing to journey into this darkness together, to find the treasures buried here.
- We value investigation of both science and spirituality.
- We hold the paradox of power and powerlessness. You might even see us smiling about it.
- We seek to harm none – ourselves included.
- We do not supress our emotions and characteristics, or those of another. Every part of us is welcome here.
- We know that this path is not easy, but is is always worth it.
- We are most magical when we are together.
- We know that intention + expression + action + letting go = potent, transformational, magic.
- Because what happens between the worlds, changes all the worlds.
…We are sacred stewards of all that is above, within, and below. The earth, the sky, the sun, the moon, ancestors of craft, land, and lineage, the fae, the mystery, and eachother. Why? Because they have been our allies on more than one occasion.
I am so grateful to be back on this path. I have been a witch of sorts since I was a kid. I had no idea it would come full circle and now be a huge part of my recovery.
13 Moons Pathway of Reclaiming Recovery
We follow the cycle of our universe and honour the rhythm within for personal and collective healing.
- ONE: We desire to reclaim our sacred nature and reconnect with our spiritual values.
“I am all that is sacred”
- TWO: We reclaim a sense of our sacred nature through daily recovery rituals and an intentional healing process.
“I connect with all that is sacred”
- THREE: As our own spiritual authorities, with open hearts, we reclaim our sovereignty and divinity with the guidance of the sacred elements, ancestors, spirit, moon, sun, mother earth, and allies.
“I am my own spiritual authority”
- FOUR: We explore pinnacle moments and rights of passage in our lives to discover the roots of what us.
“I dance with my shadow and take discerning action to find balance”
- FIVE: Through a process of introspection and self-evaluation, we recognize our inflated and deflated aspects of self to find wholeness.
“I embrace both my shadow and my light”
- SIX: Release all that lay heavy on our hearts with a safe and sacred witness, embracing ourselves with unconditional love and acceptance.
“I trust that the universe and those offering relentless support will lead me in the right direction in right time and with right intent”
- SEVEN: Invite the elements and spirits of transformation to remove all barriers to our own healing, and to restore us to a state of balance, harmony, and personal empowerment.
“I release the things that no longer serve me and call in the magick I need to grow”
- EIGHT: Identify our spiritual values and explore the ways we had been living for and against them.
“I acknowledge my shadow self and see it as a teacher. I am embrace and learn from these aspects of myself as they come into my awareness.”
- NINE: Strive to live by our spiritual values in all aspects of our lives.
“I practice the practical magick of operating from my own spiritual values whenever possible. I give back from a place of abundance”
- TEN: Continue to practice right action, cultivate gratitude, claim our hearts desires and follow the wisdom of our soul.
“I reflect and give thanks to the universe for guidance”
- ELEVEN: Honour ourselves through the sacred pause, taking notice of what has shifted in our own physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies.
“I rest and restore, tending to my energy”
- TWELVE: Living by the cycle of our world and honouring the rhythm within, we deepen our recovery and magickal connection through ritual, meditation, tending to our energy, and spiritual practices of our choosing – Asking for our intentions to be of the highest good of all, doing harm to none.
“I deepen my awareness and plant the seeds of new intentions of the highest good”
- THIRTEEN: Through our process of transformation and restoration we are in sacred service to ourselves, community, and the earth.
“I am in sacred service to all. I use my voice as a means to help others reclaim their own divinity”
I feel like I have “come home”. The reclaiming path of recovery and these meetings are the pieces I have been missing in my recovery.